[Biopython-dev] Tutorial: GenomeDiagram problem

Tiago Antao tra at popgen.net
Mon May 19 15:44:21 UTC 2014

On Mon, 19 May 2014 16:08:06 +0100
Tiago Antao <tra at popgen.net> wrote:

> I have to say that I am being a bit of a "monkey": mostly trying to
> convert code blindly, so I am being a bit dumb with all this. That
> being said, I spent a bit of time trying to see how to weave things
> and it was not totally clear. While I could have done more effort, I
> wonder if a Python beginner would not suffer a bit without at least a
> paragraph explaining how to weave things.

Further to this, converting much documentation available to notebook
format is not a trivial exercise for a single person (there is a lot of
content). So I picked the potentially more interesting bits and
GenomeDiagram is one of them (simply because the charts look cool,
hey!).

I am also doing chapters 3, 4, 5 (seq), 9 (entrez) and 12 (popgen).
These will be easier because there are no chart i/o (though I might
add a few graphical things to spice things up).

This is another way to say, if someone wants to volunteer to help ;) ...