[Biopython-dev] Tutorial: GenomeDiagram problem

Tiago Antao tra at popgen.net
Mon May 19 13:26:04 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am trying to produce documentation in ipython notebook as previously
discussed. I am currently trying to create a notebook with
GenomeDiagram (should look cool!)

I have found a simple problem (not simple for me, though):

http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial.html#sec335

On the feature captions example there is no code to actually generate
the picture that is there.

I tried:
gdd.draw(format='linear', pagesize=(15*cm,4*cm), fragments=1,
         start=0, end=400)
gdd.write("GD_labels.png", "png")

But with no success (either it just repeats the previous - only green
- figure). Any ideas would be appreciated here...