[Biopython-dev] test for affy.CelFile

Vincent Davis vincent at vincentdavis.net
Mon May 19 02:52:47 UTC 2014

I created a doc test (I have never done Doc tests before) and added a
sample version3 CEL file in Tests/Affy/. The file is from a project I
worked on a long time ago. It would be nice to have a smaller sample file.
In the mean time I compressed the CEL file (5.5MB > 1.1MB) which makes the
doc test a little messy and uses io.StingIO() (py3 only).

You can take a look here.
https://github.com/vincentdavis/biopython/blob/celfile/Bio/Affy/CelFile.py
https://github.com/vincentdavis/biopython/tree/celfile/Tests/Affy

I guess I am looking for feedback on how to best go about testing
CelFile.read() I am kinda thinking a "regular" test would be better and
keep the docs simpler.

Vincent Davis
720-301-3003