[Biopython-dev] Biopython update talk at BOSC 2014

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 27 11:40:41 UTC 2014

Hello all,

As a co-chair of BOSC this year, I'd like to remind you all that the
abstract deadline is about a week away now (April 4):

http://news.open-bio.org/news/2014/03/bosc-2014-call-for-abstracts/

Also this year student presenters will get free BOSC registration:

http://news.open-bio.org/news/2014/03/free-student-presenters-bosc-2014/

Would anyone like to volunteer to give this year's Biopython Update
talk at BOSC 2014 in Boston? I would prefer one of the newer project
members have a turn - but also I'll be busier than usual with BOSC
organisation duties.

Note that giving a talk often helps with getting travel funding to
attend a meeting - and in addition to BOSC, you can combine the
trip with the BOSC CodeFest beforehand and/or the ISMB meeting
afterwards.

Thanks,