[Biopython-dev] A biopython buildbot as a docker container

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 18 13:15:16 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 3:10 PM, Tiago Antao <tra at popgen.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a docker container ready (save for a few applications). Simple
> usage instructions:
>
> 1. Create a directory and download inside this file:
> https://raw.github.com/tiagoantao/my-containers/master/Biopython-Test

Things moved,
https://github.com/tiagoantao/my-containers/tree/master/biopython

I guess you mean:
https://raw.github.com/tiagoantao/my-containers/master/biopython/Biopython-Test

> 2. Rename it Dockerfile (capital D)
>
> 3. Get a buildbot username and password (from Peter or me), edit the
> file and replace CHANGEUSER CHANGEPASS
>
> 4. do
> docker build -t biopython-buildbot .
>
> 5. do
> docker run biopython-buildbot
>
> Beta-version, comments appreciated ;)
>
> If people like this, I will amend the Continuous Integration page on
> the wiki accordingly
>
> Tiago

Is this a 32 or 64 bit VM, or either?

I'm asking because we may want to source a replacement
32 bit Linux buildslave - the hard drive in the old machine
we've been using is failing, and it is probably not worth
replacing.