[Biopython-dev] List of Biopython dependencies

Lenna Peterson arklenna at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 14:50:34 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 4:02 AM, Tiago Antão <tiagoantao at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> What I am trying to do is to get a list of stuff that assures that
> biopython is tested top to bottom. This in order to assure QA for releases
> and a complete and stable test framework.
> I am also trying to create a VM machine for testing (based on CloudBioLinux
> - with Brad's help), so that anyone can do a full test and there is a
> complete VM with everything needed out-of-the-box.
> It so happens that I have been travelling since mid-December (back in
> office on Monday) and things have been mostly frozen (restarting next
> week).
>
> The format for the list is really not much important, but it has a
> completely different slant from the requirements page: it is meant for
> developers and testing, etc. Whatever you guys prefer is fine by me. I just
> plan to review the list top-to-bottom and assure that it is complete and
> up-to-date.

The difference of intent is logical, but it should be possible to make a
single list that fulfills both goals.

The user audience list divided by requirements, recommended, etc. can also
be a top-to-bottom testing list - to test, install everything from every
list.

It would be more error-prone to maintain two separate lists.

Lenna