[Biopython-dev] Introductory Biopython material

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 27 13:49:22 UTC 2014

Hello all,

This is just to let you know that I've written some introductory
Biopython material targeting Python Novices, focused on some
practical sequence manipulation examples, freely available
under the CC-BY licence here:

https://github.com/peterjc/biopython_workshop

I've run this as a workshop twice, but it should be fine for
self study as well.

I'm open to moving this under the Biopython project's GitHub
account, if people think that would be better?

I've added a few links to this from the website - these can be
moved/edited/removed if people think there's a better place
to put them: http://biopython.org/wiki/SeqIO and
http://biopython.org/wiki/Category:Wiki_Documentation

Regards,