[Biopython-dev] [Biopython] Google Summer of Code 2014 - Call for project ideas

Saket Choudhary saketkc at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 17:37:41 UTC 2014

Hi Peter,

My idea was to have a QC/preprocessing module inside Biopython, which
could then be integrated with the rest of the NGS tools wrappers.
Though you are right, these functionalities as such are already part
of  fastQC and replicating might not be a good idea.

As for limma, I had these things in mind:
1. Correct me if I am wrong, but Biopython only supports Affymetrix
data, right? My idea was to build parsers for Genepix, Agilent etc
2. Add other methods for in/between array normalisation, MA, volcano plots

Yes, it is like reinventing the wheel, but I have been thinking of
porting this to python myself, this might not be good from the point
of view of a GSoC project however.

Saket