[Biopython-dev] Volunteer buildslave machines? e.g. Windows & 32 bit Linux

Tiago Antao tra at popgen.net
Wed Apr 16 14:17:40 UTC 2014

On Wed, 16 Apr 2014 15:13:41 +0100
Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:

> If you are willing to try getting Biopython to compile under
> Windows 7 with 64 bit Python that would be great. I hope Tiago
> will be able to share some pointers to get started.

I agree with you: 32 bits is a better place to start.
Regarding 64 bits, the only thing that I have to share is pain and
gried. When I tried (twice in the long past) I always failed. It is
obviously possible, as there are unofficial 64-bit distributions - but
above my pay grade. The process now might be easier as things are
maturing a bit...

Tiago