[Biopython-dev] Volunteer buildslave machines? e.g. Windows & 32 bit Linux

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 16 13:51:13 UTC 2014

Hi Manlio,

>From a hardware point of view, that sounds fine. The Biopython
tests are deliberately not computationally heavy - each full test
suite should take less than 10 minutes. One of the BuildBots
is my old desktop machine at home,

Ideally your machine would be turned on, with internet access,
all the time - but in particular overnight European time when the
nightly tests are currently triggered automatically.

See: http://www.biopython.org/wiki/Continuous_integration

Have you ever compiled Biopython from source on Windows?
That would be the first step (without worrying about the buildbot
side of things for now), although ... if that is too much ... we
could maybe just run the PyPy tests on your machine (no
need for a C compiler which makes it much simpler)?

Regards,

Peter