[Biopython-dev] Biopython update talk at BOSC 2014

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 9 09:02:41 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 9:56 AM, Tiago Antao <tra at popgen.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Apr 2014 10:46:36 +0200
> Wibowo Arindrarto <w.arindrarto at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have no strong preference for this, but "Biopython developers"
>> seems more appealing and appropriate than "Biopython consortium" I
>> think. If not developers, perhaps "Biopython contributors" is ok.
>
> Another opinion that consortium is over-formal. Developers
> or contributors sounds more appealing for me...

I agree Biopython Consortium is too formal - should we
change the name on PyPI as well? Time for a little vote?

(a) The Biopython Consortium (as on PyPI now)
(b) (The) Biopython consortium (lower case c)
(c) (The) Biopython developers (suggestive of a core team)
(d) (The) Biopython contributors (even more inclusive)

Or any other ideas? Biopython Team? Or getting to informal,
Biopythoneers or Biopythonistas? ;)

Regards,