[Biopython-dev] Compiling on modern windows (recent mingw)

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue May 28 17:30:47 UTC 2013

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 6:20 PM, Saket Choudhary <saketkc at gmail.com> wrote:
> The constraint for me really is I do not have access to Windows/MAC machines
> here.
>
> Hunting for a  Windows machine is possible, besides these I need to validate
> the _ArgumentList method for windows too

I sympathise - sorting out a (virtual) 64bit Windows machine has been on
my TODO list for a while, since right now I don't have access to one.

When I started doing Biopython my primary machine was Windows XP.
That old laptop has retired and I now mainly use Mac OS X and Linux at
work, but I made a point of getting a Windows XP machine setup for
development (e.g. the Windows installers are build with this) and for
use as one of our nightly build slaves:
http://testing.open-bio.org/biopython/buildslaves

Regards,