[Biopython-dev] Compiling on modern windows (recent mingw)

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue May 28 17:15:23 UTC 2013

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 5:50 PM, Tiago Antão <tiagoantao at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 5:36 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I'm curious if that matters under Windows 8 or not - trying
>> the example in the commit comment at the command line
>> might be illuminating.
>

> I just re-scheduled a testing case and the results were not great...
> http://testing.open-bio.org/biopython/builders/Windows%208%20-%20Python%202.7/builds/13/steps/shell/logs/stdio
>
> I will test this manually and in deep when I arrive home today.

I think there are at just two classes of failure, calling applications:

test_Application ... FAIL

And indexing with Windows newlines (I wonder if the git setup
on my Windows XP machine has a different default to yours,
meaning I have Unix newlines and you have Windows newlines?):

test_SearchIO_blast_tab_index ... FAIL
test_SearchIO_blast_xml_index ... FAIL
test_SearchIO_exonerate_text_index ... FAIL
test_SearchIO_exonerate_vulgar_index ... FAIL
test_SearchIO_fasta_m10_index ... FAIL
test_SearchIO_hmmer2_text_index ... FAIL
test_SearchIO_hmmer3_domtab_index ... FAIL
test_SearchIO_hmmer3_tab_index ... FAIL
test_SearchIO_hmmer3_text_index ... FAIL
Bio.SeqIO docstring test ... FAIL

Plus of course the minor issues which I just introduced with
the escaping change (commits to follow).