[Biopython-dev] UniProt GOA parser

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon May 20 13:16:45 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 10:35 PM, Iddo Friedberg <idoerg at gmail.com> wrote:

> OK. I added a few changes as suggested by Peter.
>
> There is a parser now to group GAF files by DB_Object_ID, and a write
> function to write them. Random access not implemented yet.

Hi Iddo,

Over on this branch building on your work I moved things under
Bio.UniProt.GOA, and got things a bit more in line with PEP8:
https://github.com/peterjc/biopython/tree/uniprot-goa

(Drop me an email off list if you need a hand pulling those
changes into your branch)

Do you want to have a go at re-using the index code in Bio.File
(the back end for SeqIO and SearchIO's indexing)? Let me know
if the current setup is too mysterious and I can try and document
more of it and/or do this for the GOA module.