[Biopython-dev] uniprot-GOA parse

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue May 7 16:47:16 UTC 2013

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 5:24 PM, Iddo Friedberg <idoerg at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> As promised, I have written a uniprot-goa parser. Very skeletal, has
> iterators for reading the three uniprot-GOA file types, a write function,
> and a couple of usage examples.
>
> No github write access, so attaching.

The file arrived :)

Did you have any thoughts on where in the namespace to put this?

The idea with github is you'd register an account, say iddux (since
that's your Twitter username), and then fork the repository as
https://github.com/iddux/biopython - and make a new branch
there with your changes, and ask for feedback or make a pull
request.

All that can be done without any write access to the main repository,
and is intended to lower the barrier to entry.

In your case, given you're a past project leader etc, drop me (or Brad
etc) an email once you've mastered the git basic and we can give you
direct access.

Regards,