[Biopython-dev] New contributor

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 21 12:17:51 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 6:10 PM, Andrea Rizzi <88whacko at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for your welcome Michiel!
>
> I will looking for a good project to work on in the next few days and I
> will let you know soon. Meanwhile I've started to read some code to become
> familiar with the modules and I bumped into few small bugs concerning the
> Seq objects, in particular I found:
>
> 1) a duplicated test method name (one test in test_Seq_objs.py wasn't
> performed);
> 2) an error in Alphabet._case_less().

Well spotted - changes applied to the master, thanks.

> I've also expanded a little bit the documentation and I've substituted
> tostring() method with the suggested str() method in a function of
> MutableSeq. The branch is located here
>
> https://github.com/andrrizzi/biopython/tree/seq-branch
>
> I'm not sure if it is more comfortable for you to merge this kind of
> commits from a git branch or it is more advisable to open a ticket and
> create a patch. Anyway if you think this small commits may be useful, feel
> free to use them.

If you're happy on GitHub, a pull request is simplest. I've looked
at these changes one by one and applied and/or commented
on them.

(We're debating moving our issue tracker from RedMine to
GitHub, which would make things a little easier in future).

Thank you!