[Biopython-dev] SciPy Bioinformatics symposium: abstracts due Wednesday Mar 20th

Brad Chapman chapmanb at 50mail.com
Mon Mar 18 16:49:33 UTC 2013

Hi all;
I'm helping organize a bioinformatics mini-symposium as part of SciPy 2013:

Bioinformatics mini-symposia: http://j.mp/Z4xxXB
SciPy info: http://conference.scipy.org/scipy2013/about.php

This is a great chance for the Python bioinformatics community to connect
with the wider Python scientific computing world. SciPy will feature programmers
working on IPython reproducible research, scikit-learn machine learning
approaches, large scale computing problems with NumPy and lots more relevant to
bioinformatics work.

This year there will a special symposium track dedicated to bioinformatics and
I'd like to encourage everyone to submit abstracts. The deadline is this
Wednesday, March 20th:

http://conference.scipy.org/scipy2013/speaking_overview.php
http://conference.scipy.org/scipy2013/speaking_submission.php

SciPy takes place June 24-29th in Austin, TX. I'm looking forward to seeing lots of
bioinformatics people there. Please feel free to write me if you have any
questions,
Brad