[Biopython-dev] New contributor

Michiel de Hoon mjldehoon at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 13 14:44:55 UTC 2013

Hi Andrea,

Welcome to Biopython!
It's great that you want to contribute.
Writing & finishing some unit tests sounds like a good idea, and of course bug fixing is always welcome.
Other options are to look at orphan modules in Biopython (modules without active maintainers, without documentation, or without unit tests).
Once you decide what specifically you want to work on, it's good to let us know on the mailing list, to see if anybody else is working on the same.

Good luck!

Best,
-Michiel.