[Biopython-dev] Saving a Trie

Lenna Peterson arklenna at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 19:17:59 UTC 2013

I recall a bug report about this on redmine, but I can't find it or get the
site to load at all (although downforeveryoneorjustme claims it's up).

I don't have experience using pickle on non-default objects, but I wasn't
aware an object needed a specific method to be pickled. What error does it
throw when you pickle.dump() it?

I did find a somewhat related SO question that suggests trie pickling could
be a non-straightforward proposition:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2134706/hitting-maximum-recursion-depth-using-pythons-pickle-cpickle

Cheers,

Lenna