[Biopython-dev] Bugzilla --> RedMine --> GitHub issues?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 22 11:43:58 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 6:09 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 6:06 PM, Lenna Peterson <arklenna at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> I'd be happy to take a look at some of the issues over the next few days.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Lenna
>
> That would be great - and reviewing it worthy in itself.
>
> Shall we set an aim of starting to use GitHub issues tomorrow?
>
> Peter

Well this isn't tomorrow - but I'm back from BOSC 2013 in Germany now.

In the absence of any dissenting views, and the fact that RedMine is
also offline right now (which I've raised with the OBF admin volunteers),
I've enabled GitHub issues & linked to this from the main page:

https://github.com/biopython/biopython/issues

You'll notice there are already lots of issues there - all pull request
related. This is one reason why an automated import of the old
Bugzilla/RedMine issues could be complicated.

Various other bits of our documentation will need to be updated...