[Biopython-dev] Releasing (a beta of) Biopython 1.62 this week?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 15 17:29:44 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 6:04 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I've started doing a Biopython 1.62 beta release now (before heading
> off to Berlin tomorrow for the CodeFest and BOSC), while I have access
> to the Windows machine to build the installers.
>
> Sorting out the BLAST deprecation warnings (and any required
> relocation of files) etc can happen once the beta is out in preparation
> for the final release tentatively next week (once I'm back in the office).
>
> Peter

Beta release ready, this commit is tagged as biopython-162b,
https://github.com/biopython/biopython/commit/76dbdba4ed791e69a480afb4382dd5865dd35dac

Archives and Windows installers are live on biopython.org in the
usual place http://biopython.org/DIST/ for sanity testing prior to
an announcement on the main list etc.

If some of you could cast your eyes over this in the next few
hours that would be great.

If someone wants to draft the email (and/or news post), even better.

Thanks,