[Biopython-dev] Sending pull requests to the mailing list

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 28 15:17:19 UTC 2013

Retitling thread,

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 3:10 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Michiel de Hoon <mjldehoon at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> Btw, was Bio._utils ever discussed on the mailing list? If yes, I
>> apologize for missing this discussion and raising these issues now.
>
> I think only on the pull request - I'll have a look at the GitHub
> settings as ideally at the minimum new pull requests should
> perhaps be CC'd to the dev list?

According to https://help.github.com/articles/using-pull-requests

"Everyone that can push to the base repository will receive an
 email notification and see the new pull request in their
 dashboard the next time they log in."

I think you can also choose to get emails under your own profile
settings. There doesn't seem to be any email notification settings
under the Biopython organisation account on GitHub.

If there is an easy way to have GitHub email new pull requests to
the biopython-dev mailing I've overlooked it. There might be an
API based solution... or a simple email client forwarding rule?