[Biopython-dev] Slight suggestion for PDBIO

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 27 16:34:42 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 9:25 AM, João Rodrigues <anaryin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll have a look at the tutorial later (I think it is in the Bio.PDB FAQ).
>
> The whitespace issue is solved I think. What are the rules exactly? Sorry if
> I'm at a bit of a loss here..

PEP8, http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/#blank-lines

(Currently an aspiration for the Biopython code, rather than a strict
requirement)

> I added tests for the save functions (a full structure and a single residue)
> as well as one for the chainless residue. I added the suggestion from David
> to keep the id in the parent if there is one.
>
> I reverted the commit and added the same (- the whitespace) and another with
> tests. If it looks ok, I'll make a pull request (if I can find the button,
> never did that..).

GitHub have made it quite easy, but the first time is always the hardest.
Good luck, and if you get stuck we can try to help or just pull the commits
in directly from your fork.

Thanks,