[Biopython-dev] Dropping Python 2.5 and Jython 2.5 support?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 11 11:46:20 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 6:55 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:

> My only significant concern is for Jython users, since this will also
> mean dropping support for Jython 2.5 (which implements the
> Python 2.5 language). The replacement Jython 2.7 is still only
> at the alpha release stage.

Good news for Jython fans, although originally expected last year,
they have now released a beta of Jython 2.7 (which supports the
same language features as C Python 2.7):

http://fwierzbicki.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/jython-27-beta1-released.html

Hopefully the Biopython unit tests will all be fine under this... and
if so that is good news for phasing out support of Python 2.5.

Regards,