[Biopython-dev] flex, setup.py and Bio.PDB.mmCIF (Bug 2619)

Michiel de Hoon mjldehoon at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 10 03:55:37 UTC 2013

Hi Lenna,

>--- On Sat, 2/9/13, Lenna Peterson <lennalenna at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 1) Remove the lex stuff from lex.yy.c, and optionally convert the remaining
> >  C code to Python.

> As is, the C compiles cross platform with no dependencies. There is nothing
> but lex stuff in lex.yy.c - I'm not quite sure what you mean here.

Currently lex.yy.c contains lots of code that is generated automatically by lex but is not actually needed for the mmCIF parser. I was thinking to remove those parts, and to clean up the remainder so that the code is understandable (allowing us to fix any bugs, or to convert it to pure Python).

Best,
-Michiel