[Biopython-dev] Biopython 1.61 release

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 5 21:42:06 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 9:34 PM, Lenna Peterson <arklenna at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> Looks great. Very small typo: in the last sentence of the paragraph about
> platforms, "Python 3.3 too follow" should be "Python 3.3 to follow".

Thanks Lenna :)

I didn't make an installer for Python 3.3 this afternoon, but I will
tomorrow having heard back from the NumPy 1.7 release manager
that there shouldn't be any problems from compiling against their
release candidate:

http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/numpy-discussion/2013-February/065369.html

On a related point, NumPy are looking at if they can include
pre-compiled installers for 64bit Windows - once that happens
(and it may have to wait until NumPy 1.8), we will need to look
at this too:

http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/numpy-discussion/2013-February/065339.html