[Biopython-dev] Biopython 1.61 release

Wibowo Arindrarto w.arindrarto at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 18:22:46 UTC 2013

Hi Peter,

> Bow - the `backtick` markup doesn't do anything in epydoc, but
> perhaps for the next release we can turn the SearchIO markup
> into restructuredtext instead?
>
> I think last time I didn't have the docutils dependency installed
> in order for epydoc to try and parse the restructuredtext (used
> in Bio.Phylo). Running epydoc also showed a few more epydoc
> formatting errors, fixed in git - I will now regenerate the installers,
> and tag this in git etc.

Hmm..IIRC, I did wrote the entire SearchIO doc using reStructuredText
markup; in hindsight probably not wise since we still rely on epydoc.
Using rSt for the next release sounds good.

On a related not, do we have any solid plans to move out of epydoc
(and into Sphinx?) for the next release?

regards,
Bow