[Biopython-dev] Namespace for online resources?

Kevin Murray k.d.murray.91 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 23:59:57 UTC 2013

Hi All,

How about this:
In the vein of Lenna's last email, we create a module WebSeq (or Seq.Web,
or whatever), containing modules whose sole purpose is to get sequences
(Seq/SeqRecord objects) from an internet database. This would i think
provide a good balance between a messy top-level domain full of modules
like Bio.tair, and the absolutisim of having anything vaugly web related in
a single WWW module. It should also provide the unified theme per module
which Michiel talks of, and unit/doctests should be fine, as no modules
will be split (simply moved in their entirety from Bio.x to Bio.WebSeq.x).

>From a quick look, the only candiate (apart from TAIR) for a shift is
TogoWS, and even then I'm not sure, as TogoWS isn't used just for Seq's
(and does not return them).

Regards
Kevin Murray