[Biopython-dev] Doing the Biopython 1.61 release next week?

Wibowo Arindrarto w.arindrarto at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 17:43:23 UTC 2013

> Hi Peter,
>
>>> I think we're overdue for a Biopython release now, and I would
>>> like to do this next week. There are still plenty more additions
>>> and enhancements waiting in the wings, but right now I just
>>> want any remaining bug fixes addressed.
>>>
>>> Are there any release blocking issues?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Peter
>>
>> I won't have time to look at it today, but the BLAST+ wrappers
>> need updating for the BLAST 2.2.27+ release, e.g. new arg
>> frame_shift_penalty (checked via test_NCBI_BLAST_tools.py).
>>
>> Any volunteers? This should be a small job...
>
> I've submitted a pull request here:
> https://github.com/biopython/biopython/pull/151

Wops, sorry for sending an incomplete mail ~ I wanted to add that some
test_NCBI_BLAST_tools.py doesn't correctly detect my blast
installations (even though I have it). I had to comment out the
"Install BLAST+ ..." notice and the rpsblast test (for some reason it
keeps saying I don't have rpsblast too, even though I do). Anyway,
these are not in the pull request, just something I did when writing
this fix.

Could you confirm that the fixes are OK?

Hope that helps,
Bow