[Biopython-dev] Error in SeqFeature.CompoundLocation parsing NCBI efetch format

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 6 10:38:08 UTC 2013

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 10:26 AM, Brynjar Smári Bjarnason
<binni at binnisb.com> wrote:

> I saw that 1.63 was just released, so yes, I run Biopython 1.63 + patch.

The official release announcement should be later today, but yes
on GitHub you can (and have) get it already ;)

> Is it likely that this will find its way into 1.64? Not that I am in any
> rush since it is working, just wondering for the one that needs to maintain
> the Biopython versions.

Yes, once the release is formally announced I intend to commit this
change (and a test - probably the very same example GenPept file
you reported). It is possible that we'll have a better solution in place
for Biopython 1.64 to handle these locations without simple dropping
the bond term.