[Biopython-dev] 1.63 release

Tiago Antão tiagoantao at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 09:03:06 UTC 2013

Dear all,

As far as I know there are only two issues discovered (and not fully
resolved) during the release attempt:

1. TogoWS testing, where the field ti is not supported anymore on the
pubmed database. I will log a bug after this email. The test code was
temporarily amended.

2. The failing of test_Phylo_CDAO. I think this is a long running problem
with the interface of the RDF library. I speculate that the test stopped
working when there was some change on the RDF library interface.
Unfortunately we did not have testing on this module setup anywhere. Also,
I suspect that this bugs exists on previous biopython versions.

My suggestion is to go ahead with the release (today) in spite of the
problems above. Unless someone feels that any of the above should be solved
before...

--
"The truth may be out there, but the lies are already in your head" - Terry
Pratchett