[Biopython-dev] 1.62b test coverage report

Ben Fulton ben at benfulton.net
Sun Aug 4 21:28:34 EDT 2013

Fixed the following:

I had installed Mafft version 6.850-1 from apt-get, which apparently is
more than a year old and doesn't work. The tests ran after I installed it
from source.

I had not gotten a path set up properly for XXMotif; once I did the tests
all ran.

The DiAlign tests passed after I removed the precondition checks.

Did not fix:

The site http://www.rubic.rdg.ac.uk/~mab/software.html is down, and I can't
find anywhere else to install the PopGen software from.

So with all of those modifications, I ran coverage against the latest code
from GitHub. Results are once again available on my website,
http://benfulton.net/BioPython162_Coverage , and the following issues
remain:

EmbossPhylipNew - skipped, too hard to install
Fasttree - error, apparently a versioning issue
PopGen_FDist and PopGen_DFdist - skipped, unavailable
Prank - failed, recent versions of the tool have some kind of output change