[Biopython-dev] Self Introduction

Yanbo Ye yeyanbo289 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 03:16:22 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

My name is Yanbo Ye. I'm a third-year master student in
bioinformatics(mainly phylogenetics) in China. My master project is about
the genome evolution of baculovirus and a bioinformatics tool development.
The tool is a java program named
BlastGraph<https://github.com/bigwiv/BlastGraph>that can be used for
sequence clustering, genome tree construction and gene
gain and loss estimation. This involves a range of phylogenetics
algorithms commonly used.

So based on my experice, I'd like to contribute to the Phylo package of
Biopython for some unimplemented methods during the Google Summer of Code
this year, which will be under the direction of Eric Talevich.

I have been using python and Biopython for nearly a year to do some
sequence file parsing and tree manipulation. But I must say I'm still new
to python about the design convention or any popular python packages, etc.
Anyway, I'm a fast learner and would like to improve my python programming
skills through this project. I'd like to discuss with you during this
project and hope you could help me.

Thanks,

Yanbo

--

叶彦波

中科院武汉病毒所生物信息学课题组

Ye Yanbo

Bioinformatics Group, Wuhan Institute Of Virology, Chinese Academy of
Sciences