[Biopython-dev] Fwd: [biopython] Fix Biopython installation with pip (#172)

Brad Chapman chapmanb at 50mail.com
Mon Apr 15 17:39:37 UTC 2013

Kai;

>> - What version of pip are you using? (pip --version)
>
> 12.04 has pip 1.1 installed, with python 2.7.
> If I upgrade to current pip 1.3.1, the biopython install succeeds.
>
> 12.10 also ships with pip 1.1, so the same workaround applies.

Perfect, thanks for the version information. I reproduced this and
checked in a fix so it'll work out of the box with pip 1.1 as well. That
part is a bit ugly because there isn't a clean way to know what tool is
installing it, so I need to inspect the commandline and infer.

Thanks again for testing. Let us know if you run into any other issues,
Brad