[Biopython-dev] ColorSpiral for Bio.Graphics

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 28 09:35:42 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 2:01 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 9:53 AM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> As he describes on his blog post, this required generating
>> arbitrary color sets, with the option of adding some noise
>> (or jitter as he called it) to make neighbouring colours
>> visually distinct (rather than the more typical requirement
>> of a smooth value to color mapping).

> I've committed it - we can still move/rename/etc until the
> next release if anyone has suggestions for improvement.
> https://github.com/biopython/biopython/commit/35a484026b68dd1b530d3446640b2f4d4b73eda7

The buildbot run last night spotted a problem under Python 2.5
(no cmath.rect function) which I've now fixed.
https://github.com/biopython/biopython/commit/ee933c3f5c4b98ab232c5180492dc11a46b89f0d

We do test under Python 2.5 with TravisCI as well, but at
the moment we don't install the ReportLab dependency.
There is a balance between installing more dependencies
(to get more of our code tested) and the extra runtime
required (meaning the job is more likely to be killed, or
fail due to a network issue) giving false test failures.