[Biopython-dev] Optimization of PDBParser and friends

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 4 14:42:35 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 3:19 PM, João Rodrigues <anaryin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> Looks great, I will try to 'cherry pick' that branch and merge it with mine.

I've applied it to the master now, which might make it easier.
I think Bow might have a point about namespaces - although the
underscore modules are 'private', they still show up in dir(Bio)
so having a single folder for our inter-Python version compatibility
code seems sensible if we add any more (e.g. NamedTuples).

> I have to solve some issues with the tests, but it seems to be a
> straightforward change.

Great.