[Biopython-dev] SearchIO, was: PEP8 lower case module names?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 26 16:46:44 UTC 2012

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 2:06 PM, Wibowo Arindrarto
<w.arindrarto at gmail.com> wrote:
>> That's fine - I found both branches :)
>>
>> I've actually done a trial merge on the non-rebased one and
>> then cherry-picked the experimental warning - looks good.
>
> Ah, good then :).

Done,
https://github.com/biopython/biopython/commit/9f6e810cc68dd1e353d899772fda3053d9f49513

>> Once that's done there is some housekeeping to do, like
>> the indexing code duplication with Bio.SeqIO, and tackling
>> indexing BGZF compressed files with Bio.SearchIO which
>> I will have a go at.
>
> Yes.

Started, it seems the two _index.py files have diverged a
little more than I'd expected:
https://github.com/biopython/biopython/commit/ad1786b99afd2a50248246d877ff00a53949546b

>> P.S. I had intended to do this earlier this month, but we
>> had the OBF server issues to deal with.
>
> That's ok, I also noticed that it's not until quite recently that the
> commits become frequent again.

Christian Brueffer deserves some of the credit for the recent
burst of commits - he's been very busy sending pull requests!