[Biopython-dev] OBF server outage announcement / call for SysAdmin volunteers

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 5 23:07:09 UTC 2012

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 7:50 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 7:40 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> FYI regarding the Biopython website and recent mailing list outage.
>>
>> Peter
>>
>> PS you also keep an eye on @Biopython and @OBF_news on Twitter,
>> which are a useful alternative when the mailing lists are down.
>>
>> <snip>
>
> I should have added that while the wiki is down (which does
> unfortunately include the Biopython home page), the Biopython
> downloads remain available via http://biopython.org/DIST/ and
> other 'static' content like the Tutorial and API pages are up:
>
> http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial.html
> http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial.pdf
> http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/api/

Hosting of biopython.org (and the bioperl.org and open-bio.org
websites) was transferred to an Amazon cloud machine over
the weekend, which fixed the wiki but temporarily disabled the
static pages (like the Tutorial and downloads). Those should
all be working again now.

At some later date (to be announced) the server running the
OBF mailing lists will be transferred, which would make the
mailing lists unavailable for a short period.

Regards,