[Biopython-dev] PEP8 lower case module names?

João Rodrigues anaryin at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 11:12:37 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

A bit late for the party but my two cents.

I agree with Eric in that we should take the opportunity to review some
"dark corners" of the code. Regarding what I can contribute to, there are a
lot of changes planned for Bio.PDB that could benefit from a "cleaner
start".

However, and also in line with Michiel, splitting the distribution in
core/extras would be more cumbersome for new users. However, what about
having in the setup file a part where the user can turn on/off installation
of particular parts of the package. This way you can control if you need
the dependencies or not. By default you would install everything as it is
now, but it would give you a larger degree of control.

As for the namespace and lowercase, I don't really have strong arguments,
but I like 'bio'.

Cheers,

João

João [...] Rodrigues