[Biopython-dev] json formatting of SeqRecord objects

Alex Leach albl500 at york.ac.uk
Thu May 24 11:06:45 UTC 2012

Dear all,

I've written a fairly simple SeqRecord formatter to convert sequences to/from
JSON objects, and wondered if it might be useful enough to be included in
BioPython.

It currently injects 'json' into SeqIO and AlignIO's _FormatToIterator and
_FormatToWriter dictionaries, so can be used like any other SeqRecord format.
I'm not sure where exactly I should submit it, but I thought here might do as
an initial proposal..

I attach the source code. If you'd be interested in using it, let me know and
I'll tidy it up to standards.

Kind regards,
Alex

--