[Biopython-dev] GSoC Project Update -- 2

Wibowo Arindrarto w.arindrarto at gmail.com
Wed May 16 19:36:28 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

I just posted my latest GSoC blog update here:
http://bow.web.id/blog/2012/05/the-final-preparations/

To summarize, I spent the last week playing with XML and SQLite, and
in extension SeqIO's index and index_db. I didn't write as much as
real code the week before (mostly on online tutorials). Additionally,
I started writing some of the SearchIO main methods, improved the test
case generation time, and added more entries to the SearchIO terms
table (http://bit.ly/searchio-terms). Finally, from this day onwards,
I'm starting coding for the actual SearchIO implementation. The weekly
plan will follow my proposed timeline
(http://bit.ly/searchio-proposal) and I'll be writing mostly on my
main SearchIO branch
(https://github.com/bow/biopython/tree/searchio/Bio/SearchIO).

cheers,
Bow

P.S. I also updated my blog last week so that the GSoC entries can be
tracked through its own feed. The feed is available here:
http://bow.web.id/feed/atom-gsoc.xml