[Biopython-dev] [biopython] Fix flex library dependency of MMCIFlex; closes 2619 (#31)

Lenna Peterson arklenna at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 23:52:12 UTC 2012

Hi Peter,

I've added a unit test (Tests/test_MMCIF.py). It currently tests
whether a polypeptide is extracted properly.

I've also come across what appears to be a full-featured Python CIF
converter/validator. The license looks BSD-compatible.
Reference: http://journals.iucr.org/j/issues/2006/04/00/wf5020/index.html
PyPI: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/PyCifRW/3.3
Source: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pycifrw.berlios/

I haven't tested it extensively, but if we can use it, no sense
reinventing the wheel.

Lenna