[Biopython-dev] [Biopython] Update: call for Google Summer of Code project ideas

Brad Chapman chapmanb at 50mail.com
Fri Mar 2 20:51:24 UTC 2012

Reece;

> I'm still very interested in pursuing this. Perhaps James, Brad, and I can
> co-mentor one or more projects around 1) variant representation, 2) variant
> conversion/canonicalization, 3) variant IO. I have good familiarity with
> HGVS, BED, and VCF. I don't have a good enough handle to know the best
> strategy for using BioPython internals to achieve the aims.

This is perfect, thanks for sending along the google doc writeup. That
looks great as is, I'd suggest adding it to the wiki. We still have a
week to edit before the official Google deadline and then time to edit
again before students start submitting.

Thanks again for this, looking forward to seeing some awesome student
applications,
Brad