[Biopython-dev] [Biopython] Update: call for Google Summer of Code project ideas

João Rodrigues anaryin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 18:00:41 UTC 2012

> Bio.Struct
> ----------
>
> We have a lot of ideas and incomplete pieces of code from
> previous GSoCs that could be sorted out in one summer.
> However, taking on another GSoC student might just add to
> the heap; this might need to be Eric and João's Summer of
> Code instead.

The new student would have to be familiar with the regular Bio.PDB code
plus whatever code I wrote and Mikael wrote. Maybe a bit too much?

If by "*this might need to be Eric and João's Summer of Code instead.*" you
mean we could work together one it like in a SoC project, I think it would
be the best idea. Making a plan just like for SoC but working outside of it
leaving the vacancy for another person/project.

Otherwise I don't know how well will OBF take yet another Bio.PDB project
since the previous two haven't been merged...