[Biopython-dev] Biopython 1.60 plans and beyond

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 25 10:33:04 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 7:03 PM, Brad Chapman <chapmanb at 50mail.com> wrote:

> Peter;
> Sounds great with me. We can do MAF and GFF next release if we want to
> push something out before BOSC. Thanks for doing this,
> Brad

The release is in progress...

There were some minor MANIFEST tweaks needed but that was all
(I hope). The candidate release files for 1.60 are on the website (go to
http://biopython.org/DIST/ directly), along with the API and new tutorial
in the usual places. I'd appreciate a quick once over before we tag this
in github, do the announcement, and tell PyPI.

I've included biopython-1.60.win32-py3.2-beta.exe (the beta is just in
the filename) to encourage more testing under Python 3. Do we need
to bother with Python 3.1 as well here?

Thanks,