[Biopython-dev] Using markup for the README file on GitHub

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 6 17:00:34 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 2:33 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 2:12 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> In terms of reStructuredText versus Markdown, I don't have a strong
>>> opinion. I get the sense GitHub better supports Markdown but as long as
>>> the rst looks fine it doesn't matter.
>>>
>>> Brad
>>
>> Anyone fancy trying an rst version quickly for comparison?
>>
>> Peter
>
> Unless anyone does, we could just go with Markdown for the README
> file, at least in the short term, and merge this branch (you can see the
> rendered README file here too):
> https://github.com/peterjc/biopython/tree/markup

I've done that for now, and thanked Matt for this input:
https://github.com/biopython/biopython/commit/b7d0fcb252ffbe7eb76f6abb51375a18d447096a

The new read-me file rendering on GitHub hopefully makes a better
impression now :)

The current manifest file should be fine as it is (and not include the
new symlink in the release files).

Thanks Matt,