[Biopython-dev] [Biopython - Bug #3368] Bio.GenBank format writer creates invalid start_codon entries.

redmine at redmine.open-bio.org redmine at redmine.open-bio.org
Tue Jul 10 06:28:27 UTC 2012

Issue #3368 has been updated by Kai Blin.

Peter Cock wrote:
> Apologies for apparently ignoring you - I've just changed the assignee (back to) Biopython Dev Mailing List, since no-one was getting any of these updates by email. Well, I wasn't at least :(

No worries. In turn, I just learned that Redmine merges the Bugzilla fields "assignee" and "QA contact" into one field, and the "QA contact" meaning is the more important one for the way this project is run. :)

> I'm wary about changing the parser to give integers instead of ints - that seems likely to break existing scripts.

You mean integers instead of strings, I guess.  But yes, I can see the danger of breaking existing scripts, seeing how I even had to fix the "we only parse strings" assumption twice in the remaining parser code. I'm happy with the patch you pushed, thanks a lot.

Bug #3368: Bio.GenBank format writer creates invalid start_codon entries.
https://redmine.open-bio.org/issues/3368