[Biopython-dev] GSoC Project Update -- 9

Wibowo Arindrarto w.arindrarto at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 13:03:01 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,

The past week I have been working to add PSL parsing support and I've
just posted my update here:
http://bow.web.id/blog/2012/07/initial-blat-support/

Currently, we have parsing, indexing, and writing support. But this
could change (writing might not be supported) due to a possible change
in the current object model. I've explained a bit on why this is the
case in the post, but to summarize it here, it's because we haven't
got a way to properly model segmented HSP sequences. Peter and I have
discussed this a bit, but we haven't figured out an elegant way to
solve it for now.

Aside from working on PSL, I also added more tests and started
refactoring the code as it's starting to get messy.

That's all my update for the past week. For this week, I'll try to
look into other formats and try to come up with possible solutions to
the segmented HSP problem.

regards,
Bow