[Biopython-dev] Biopython 1.60 plans and beyond

Tiago Antão tiagoantao at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 19:29:43 UTC 2012

2012/2/18 Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com>:
> Do you think an import time warning on top of this would be
> prudent? Power users can silence it with the warnings library.
> That seems like a good way to increase visibility of somewhat
> experimental code, while not giving false impressions of its
> stability.

Oh surely.

I never added complex code because I was afraid of breaking things in
a second version. I think this is unavoidable: things never get really
good at the first attempt - especially complex things.

Therefore it would be good if we could warn the users on initial
versions. Warn as in-their-face warnings.

--
"If you want to get laid, go to college.  If you want an education, go
to the library." - Frank Zappa