[Biopython-dev] Bio.Cluster in the main Biopython documentation

Michiel de Hoon mjldehoon at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 20 12:38:37 UTC 2012

Dear all,

Previously the documentation for Bio.Cluster was only available as a separate PDF on the Biopython website. I have now integrated this documentation into the Biopython Tutorial. The new tutorial is already uploaded to the repository, and will be visible at http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial-dev.html once the nightly build is done.

Since the documentation for Bio.Cluster contains many references to the literature, I started using the LaTeX \cite command, which are understood and formatted properly by Hevea. While at it, I also converted the references I could find in other parts of the Tutorial to \cite references. This creates a list of references at the end of the Tutorial. Please let us know if you don't like this approach.

The documentation for Bio.Cluster is fairly long, and while modifying it for inclusion into the Tutorial some mistakes may have crept in. Please let me know if you find any such mistakes (or feel free to fix them yourself, if it is clear what the text should be).

For now we can leave the PDF with the separate description of Bio.Cluster on the website as is for users of Biopython 1.60, but once the next version of Biopython is out I would like to replace it with a PDF referring to the main Tutorial.

Thanks,
-Michiel.